Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kngine

Knigne is a new (beta) Web 3.0 search engine. What does this mean? It means it is built around semantics or the "semantic web". It tries to help answer a users question but also determine trends of that user.

There are a bunch of engines around that are starting to do this, Europeana has one and there are viral videos all around too (search parallax browsing).

I feel that Knigne is already an excellent new resource and can really see it being used in education. However, that's not to say there is room for improvement. I asked a question, What is the Matrix (yes, I'm watching that movie as I type this) and it kinda got confused as to what I wanted. I suppose that's ok, considering I'm not exactly sure what it is either ;-) Although ,when I did a search on a term and not a question, it gave me a nice looking page of graphics, tags, and wikipedia type data.

I highly recommend giving Knigne a try by clicking here.

Below is a pic on a search on the term, Web 2.0...



For another excellent review, check out Larry Ferlazzo award nominated blog.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!