Wednesday, December 16, 2009

VoiceThread + PLN = Magic

While surfing the web I come across all sorts of technology projects & ideas. At times something will catch my eye and I'll stop and take a closer look, similar to shopping for a book in a bookstore. The other day this very thing happened to me when I came across a Voicethread project. Now, this was not that unusual in itself, but like that fancy book w/ the cool looking cover, I noticed three amazing educators looking back at me (yes, it was their profile picture).


Of course, after seeing these three people who happened to be huge contributors to my PLN, I had to take a closer look. So, I hit the play button and watched as Shelly, Marama, and Ozge created that very thing that is at the heart of Web 2.0, and that's collaboration MAGIC.

I don't want to spend time explaining what this project is all about because it's not mine to tell. Shelly did an amazing job covering this already on her wonderful blog. What I find so fascinating is that these three people took that "web 2.0" technology and applied it to their teachings. What started out as a chance meeting of like-minded individuals through their PLN's, became this full fledged inspirational project that both educators and students could enjoy.

I highly recommend checking out these wonderful sites by these special educators:
Click here to view the Voicethread.

3 comments:

  1. Dear David,
    Thank you so much for mentioning about our Voice Thread project!VT is the best digital storytelling tool I've ever tried on Web.You can even use it with kindergarteners who can not read or write!
    I love reading your blog. There are a lot to explore!!
    Good luck on EdublogAwards =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    I'm about 560 posts in my Google reader I'm catching up on so thank you for letting me know about this! Thank you for your support! This project was really easy to do with Voicethread and there are so many ways for people to comment through voice, doodling, or simply typing. Voicethread is really an amazing collaboration tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a Google Reader user do you think this would benefit me? I use something called NetNewsWire as my RSS aggregator and it seems to work well enough.

    However, lately I have been hearing some great things about Reader and can only imagine what I've been missing out on.

    I mean it only took me till this Sept to get on Twitter imagine all the great stuff I could've missed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!